Asia Pacific Certification Board
To establish and promote standards of care amongst addiction professionals in the Asia-Pacific region, so that people may receive optimum care in their recovery.
Goals of APCB are:
- Provide an internationally recognized certification for addiction Therapists
- Promote uniform professional and ethical standards for addiction professionals
- Increase the understanding of addictions and recovery across the Asia-Pacific region
- Increase international visibility and respect for addiction treatment professionals in the Asia Pacific region
- Promote uniform professional standards in addictions sub-specialty disciplines like problem gaming, sexual addictions etc
- Be active in forming international symposiums, workshops, conferences and research in the areas of substance and behavioral addiction
- Providing information on substance and behavioral addictions
- Providing members with online and onsite professional education and skills training courses
- Be active in liaising with its sister boards within the Asia Pacific region and internationally maintaining common goals of addiction treatment and research
- Be active in maintaining a database of addiction professionals in various countries
- To maintain an active administrative office for the Asia-Pacific Certification Board
The period of grandparenting for the APCB – Singapore, has been extended till June 2015. We intend to continue to build skills and capability through multi-agency training and APCB organized clinical case conferences.
To build a larger community of addiction therapists, APCB will be opening up membership (certification) to those certified under other programs / Boards. These include IC&RC; APSAC; CP-DAP; NAARDAC; NBCC and Canadian Certification Board.There will be no requirement to re-sit the APCB examinations during this window till the June 2015, however, there will be an administrative fee of USD30.00. Please write cheques to "Asia Pacific Certification Board Limited"