Mission and Goals
To establish and promote standards of care amongst addiction professionals in the Asia-Pacific region, so that people may receive optimum care in their recovery.
Goals of APCB are to:
- Provide an internationally recognized certification for Addiction Therapists.
- Promote uniform professional and ethical standards for Addiction Professionals.
- Increase the understanding of addictions and recovery across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Increase international visibility and respect for addiction treatment professionals in the Asia Pacific region.
- Promote uniform professional standards in addictions sub-specialty disciplines like problem gaming, sexual addictions and more.
In order to achieve its goal, APCB shall strive to:
- Be active in forming international symposiums, workshops, conferences and research in the areas of substance and behavioral addiction.
- Providing information on substance and behavioral addictions.
- Providing members with online and onsite professional education and skills training courses.
- Be active in liaising with its sister boards within the Asia Pacific region and internationally maintaining common goals of addiction treatment and research.
- Be active in maintaining a database of addiction professionals in various countries.
- To maintain an active administrative office for the Asia-Pacific Certification Board.